Mounsey Surveyors were appointed by SciLabware, a German-owned laboratory glassware manufacturer, to provide acquisition advice in respect of the company’s relocation requirements.
With an initial brief to advise on the availability of modern industrial buildings of between 50,000 – 60,000 sq ft throughout Staffordshire and South Cheshire, we were asked to extend this search and also report on the availability of office buildings to satisfy the developing requirements of our client’s business.
Following the short-listing and inspection of those options considered suitable, we successfully acquired a modern warehouse facility on Trentham Lakes from Yodel by way of an assignment of their existing lease. In addition, we negotiated a new lease of a modern, self-contained office building that was situated nearby on a purpose built office development known as Riverside 2.
The complex nature of these transactions involved us providing wide ranging advice that encompassed the following key aspects:
- Detailed availability search directed towards agents and Landlords to enable us to understand on and off market options
- Formal reporting to the client, including the analysis of each property against specific requirement criteria
- Analysis of an existing lease to enable us to understand and report on the liabilities associated with its covenants
- Negotiation of a Licence to Alter to legally authorise our client to make key operational alterations to the property
- Agreeing the terms of a reversionary lease to provide certainty of lease beyond the existing term