Private Landlord – John Shemilt
A 4 bedroom detached residential property and a self-contained ground floor retail unit in Alsager, Cheshire.
As executor for probate following the death of his mother, our client John Shemilt required surveys of both a commercial premise and a residential property. While managing the estate after probate, John also needed an end-of-lease dilapidations survey.
John lived 160 miles away which meant he wasn’t able to do anything in-person, therefore he needed heightened efficiency, transparency and total reliability. The tenant reaching the end of lease had been in occupation for over 10 years and the lease had had multiple directors during this time.
- We completed the initial survey of the house and commercial premises so efficiently that when John’s tenant reached the end of lease, he approached Mounsey Surveyors to take on the dilapidations survey.
- We provided a full and costed schedule, including project management of work undertaken by the tenant and settlement negotiation.
- We went on to manage both the survey and the negotiations with the tenant and their surveyor.
- As we drove the dilapidations schedule through, from start to finish, we provided John with frequent updates on how the claim was progressing.
- John was delighted with the outcome of the settlement of the dilapidations schedule. We negotiated a favourable result for him, meaning there was money left over to put the property back in a repairable and decorative condition, ready for a new occupier.
- John was relieved that he could fully trust us to push his schedule forward and manage every detail on his behalf, especially as he was so far away
- Due to our high-quality service and the results, we achieved, John has since instructed Mounsey Surveyors to manage the properties for the estate moving forward, as well as two additional commercial properties in the near future
“It was a relief to know that Mounsey Surveyors would deal with every aspect successfully. On both occasions they took the hassle out of organising the complete processes and were very professional and reliable.
As a result, I have now instructed them to manage the properties moving forward.”
Need advice on your commercial property?