The benefits of excellent quality advice, whether to a landlord or tenant, is not to be underestimated. This is where a Surveyors specialised knowledge and guidance can be critical and covers a whole range of area, the most common being:
- Lease renewals
- Rent reviews
- Quality property management
- Serving of notices
- Schedule of condition & dilapidations
Whether there is a clause that you don’t understand or you want to make sure that your property is adequately protected within the agreement, it’s essential to do your research. A RICS regulated Surveyor will be able to provide professional advice on any issues that arise from both parties, putting everyone in the position to participate in a fair tenancy agreement negotiation.
From our experience, when a landlord and tenant negotiation is handled appropriately, it yields long-term stable leases with financial security for both parties.
In many cases the other side will employ a surveyor to act on their behalf. Therefore, you should seek professional advice to counter. The best outcome in almost all cases are achieved where professional advice is sought.
Lease Renewals & Rent Reviews
Employing a surveyor for lease renewals or rent reviews, whether you’re a Landlord or Tenant, can ensure you:
- Don’t pay/receive over/under the market rent
- Abide by the requirements of the Lease
- Serve notices within timescales required by the Lease (if time is of the essence).
What should you do?
- We recommend you use the services of a RICS regulated Surveyor or firm of Surveyors. The word ‘surveyor’ can be loosely used so it is recommended they are a qualified surveyor. The RICS website, allows you to check the individual or company https://www.rics.org/uk/find-a-member/
Contact Mounsey Chartered Surveyors for a free initial consultation where we will discuss your requirement or how we can help.